Teachable is a New York-based venture-backed firm that lets anybody create and sell online courses. It was founded by Ankur Nagpal and Conrad Wadowski on October 3, 2013, and in 2020, it came top on our list of best online course creation platforms.
Teachable has a motto, Everything is Possible and they boast robust features that your website can utilize to offer a topnotch learning experience, with intuitive and user-friendly website design.
So, is it true or are they just using the marketing cliché of luring you into subscribing to their services? We shall learn more about this as we look into the features, pricing, and course examples, then you will decide whether they are worth investing a dollar.
How to Create/Market/Promote Teachable Course
Setting up your institution and course using the Teachable website is effortless as they promise. Creating involves four forthright steps, including entering your credentials, institution name, email confirmation, and you are ready to build your course.
Creating a Teachable course is easy as your account Dashboard includes handy video tutorials (a five-minutes watch). Use these steps to create a course for your school:
- Click the Courses tab on your Teachable Admin section in the Admin sidebar.
- Click on New Course which will open the course area.
- On the course section, you can add course details such as the Course Title and Course Subtitle, or an author via the Select Author drop-down menu.
- When you fill in the course’s info, click on Create Course.
Marketing or promoting your Teachable course is super-easy, especially if you launch your course to your email list. But since you might not have a huge list to market immediately, you can follow this guideline to tap the audience:
- Visit in-person events such as conferences and sell your course.
- Guest post on other people’s blogs and sites urging people to check your course.
- Sell your course via influencers when they address their audience.
- Feature in podcasts and talk about your courses.
If you have an existing platform, do the following:
- Promote your course by leveraging social media sites like Facebook.
- Build video content via YouTube that drives audiences back to your course.
When these strategies are ready, you just need to create a sales page for enrolling your students in your course.
Teachable offers a tiered pricing structure suitable for a range of budgets and needs, and you can also opt for their free version and use it for a test drive. There are three pricing plans to choose from, including Basic ($29/m billed annually), Pro ($99/m billed annually), and Business ($249/m billed annually).
All Teachable plans include unlimited video, courses, and hosting, student management, basic quizzes, integrated payment processing, and lecture comments. Free courses are not charged and it includes VAT for EU.
It includes useful features such as:
- Cutting-edge developer customization
- User-friendly web builder
- Easy set-up
- Easy but robust site customization
- Responsive to mobile devices and web
- Excellent learning experience
- Video and audio lessons
- Full control of students
- Single-click up-sells
- Free trial and free plan
- Unlimited courses and students
- Basic integrations (only through Zapier)
- No live streaming unless you use third-party services
Teachable Average Course Price
The average course price for Teachable is $99, as it is averagely priced in its three plans and offers useful features.
Course examples include Arts, Academics, Niche, Businesses, Health, and Memberships. Click here for more info on these courses.
Teachable Landing Page
Teachable has an intuitive landing page design that incorporates the majority of the design components needed for a striking landing page into a user-friendly template. It includes crucial and useful main elements (six) such as headline, subhead, images, benefits explanation section, social proof, and your CTA (call-to-action).
Teachable Price Calculator
They offer a pricing calculator that helps you to:
- Estimate the worth of each of your bonuses.
- Get a recommended price for your online course.
- Price your course with assurance.
Teachable: How to Enroll in a Course
Enrolling in a course can either be for an existing user or a new one.
To enroll an existing user (a student with an account):
- Click Students under Users option in the sidebar.
- Choose the user from the list.
- From the User submenu, click on Enrollment.
- Go to the section labeled Enroll in Course.
- Select the user’s enrollment course using the drop-down menu.
- Click Enroll.
You will receive a notification that the enrollment has been successful.
To enroll a new user, add them manually to your school and enroll them in a course.
Teachable Affiliate Program
Teachable considers its Affiliate Program as the best in the industry as they pay up 30% commissions with a 90-day cookie (the highest in the industry). You can make money forever (monthly) by sending traffic (refers) once, via PayPal.
Most Popular Courses on Teachable
- Email Marketing Magic – Pat Flynn ($399)
- How to Crush it on Twitter – David Perell ($149)
- The Habits Academy – James Clear ($239)
- Sourdough U – Mike Greenfield ($97)
My name is Nate, a digital nomad and the founder of this blog, Nomads HQ. I am a SaaS expert with 4 digital nomad visas and 8 years of experience using 50+ different web tools ranging from podcast, web hosting, email marketing, and much more. I previously managed a team offering support services to a large conglomerate that utilized tens of software solutions. I now run this blog full-time and when I am not reviewing or testing software, I enjoy riding bikes and supporting my clients achieve internet success. You can reach me directly at email@example.com