If you are looking to find the best web hosting platform in Canada, then must consider a variety of factors the main one being localized support and discounts offered by hosting providers to Canadian citizens. Why do you need the web hosting service? Is it for your business or brand? If you are in Canada, you will probably realize that HostPapa has the best services at cost friendly budgeting which is good for either the promotion of brands and/or businesses. You can also read our guides on best hosting in other countries such as Australia, Kenya, Nigeria, among others.
HostPapa might just be the best web hosting platform for Canadian based businesses and even offer a 67% off on any hosting plans. Furthermore, youwill be able to get a free Domain Registration with any of the subscription packages. HostPapa hosting in Canada starts at $2.95 per month with a guaranteed 99.95% uptime record.
To sweeten the pot, you will get to conduct a free website transfer for any previously hosted websites. This means that you will have no extra costs for the continued service of your website functions for your business and/or brand. Even further, if you think that you do not have the quality of services that you need to host your website, then you can simply cancel the subscription and get all your money back within 30-days.
HostPapa also happens to be the only web hosting platform in Canada that offers a free one on one training to Canadian business owners or brand owners. You will also be able to get a fast and reliable web hosting service as HostPapa includes a free Cloudflare CDN. To sum it all off, HostPapa will attach a free SSL certificate that boosts your security.
How to choose the best web hosting in Canada
There are probably a large variety of things that you might be considering for you determine which web hosting platform in Canada would best meet your hosting needs with excellent service provision and customer support. I have reviewed various web hosting platforms that are ideal for your hosting needs in Canada as indicated below:
10 Best Web Hosting Providers in Canada 2021
- HostPapa – HostPapa is the best Canadian web hosting service as far as service and feature provision is concerned
- WHC – In addition, Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is the best Canadian web host with local support for you since they are Canadian based
- GreenGeeks – Best Green host for Canada
- A2 Hosting – Best reseller web hosting
- SiteGround – Great WordPress Host. You can check Joomla hosts here if your site runs on Joomla CMS.
- InMotion Hosting
Reviews of Best web hosting services in Canada
HostPapa is the best Canadian web hosting service for your shared server plans as well as Virtual Private Server (VPS) plans. These plans start at $5.99 per month but has a special discount that lets Canadian residents have up to 67% discount.
Pros and Cons of HostPapa
- Unlimited monthly data transfers along other plans
- HostPapa has reasonably priced server add-ons
- HostPapa has ready one on one tutorials which help you achieve your dreams
- Lacks dedicated and managed WordPress hosting in their subscription tiers
- There is no reliable customer service
Why Choose HostPapa for your web hosting needs?
Because HostPapa in Canada is charged at half the normal rates as a promotional offer. Furthermore, you will be able to get free upgrades which ensure the seamless running of your websites. Furthermore, you will be able to install WordPress with ease. This is because the web hosting platform offers one – click installations which allow yout to add various features to your websites with ease. Visit HostPapa Review to get detailed pricing plans for your hosting.
Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is yet another web hosting provider that is ideal for you while if your business or online business is serving the Canadian market. As the name suggests, WHC is specifically suited for Canadian business owners or brand developers who are looking to establish a professional web presence. In addition, Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is the best Canadian web host with local support for you since you can be able to easily access 24/7 customer support for any of your site hosting needs.
WHC Pros and Cons
|Has a simple User Interface that lets you access all the relevant site functionalities with easeWHC has an optimal customer support service for Canadian residentsIt is cost friendly and especially for start-ups who are looking to grow or expand their businesses and/or brands||Most of their services are restricted to Canadian residents only, and does not operate in other countriesThe web hosting service has multiple limitations which might hinder the seamless running of your website or the overall growth of your business and/or brand|
Why Choose WHC as your preffered Web Hosting?
WHC willgive you all the relative features needed to get you started with your business or brand within a short period of time. You will also be able to access fast customer care services that will solve all your site hosting problems to ensure that your site runs seamlessly and at optimal functionality. If you are interested in Web hosting Canada (WHC), then visit their website to access detailed hosting pricing information for your use.
GreenGeeks was started in 2008 by Trey Gardner and has risen over the years to become one of the best web hosting programs . As the name suggests it is definitely attributed to be greenhosting company. It has done this by using wind as its source of renewable energy.
GreenGeeks has data centres all over in Canada, United states and the Netherlands. This has come a long way in ensuring it has an unlimited bandwidth as well as storage. Due to this it has been able to achieve an uptime of 99.98% and generate a speed of 445ms. It has relatively affordable prices of $2.95 per month and charges renews at $9.95 per month. You can check out detailed pricing tiers or the Ecosite Premium hosting accounts to find out the right hosting plan for you.
It offers a variety of hosting plans ;shared , wordpress and reseller webhosting. The prices for shared and wordpress hosting are almost the same but the company has enhanced its wordpress hosting as compared to other web hosting companies.
- Has greater uptime of up to 99.98% and speeds of up to 445ms
- Has good customer support with quick answer
- Environmental friendly as it practices green hosting
- Has nightly backups
- 30 day moneyback guarantee
- Allow free website migration
- Free domain name
- Does not have 24/7 customer support service
- Untrustworthy refund policies
#4. A2 Hosting – Best reseller web hosting
A2 Hosting was founded in 2001 under the name Inquinet and later changed its name to A2 Hosting in 2003 thus making it one of the oldest web hosting companies in the industry. It also has impressive customer support with an expert team that is willing to solve all your problems.
In addition, A2 Hosting offers free SSL certificates to improve the security of your hosted websites from users with malicious intent. To sweeten the pot, it has a good uptime of up to 99% which ensures that there is seamless running of your website functions.
In fact, A2 hosting has recorded an average performance that is 17.6 times faster than most top rated web hosting companies in Canada. Even though this might be hard to prove, relative tests performed in Canada indicated that their performance is incredibly fast. You will also find detailed pricing tiers on their website so Check out our web hosting plans today and get the most out of A2 hosting.
A2 hosting Pros and Cons
|30 day moneyback guarantee for any of their three hosting plans (Lite, Swift, and Turbo).You will be able to get unlimited packages such as the email accounts, bandwidth and SSD storage under the higher packagesA2 hosting offers Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting which lets you gain access to most administrative functions and an entire computing environment within the platformHas an easy sign up process with no hidden fees or extra costs||You need to subscribe to higher hosting plans to access some important hosting featuresA2 hosting is slightly expensive for all their hosting plans, considering the feature availability attached to the prices. Other top rated web hosting platforms would charge less for the same feature/service provision|
SiteGround is with no doubt among the most celebrated web hosting companies which would be suitable for you in Canada. It satisfies the four most basic and essential parts of your hosting experience. Not only is it easy to use, but also has excellent support services, great speeds and uptime records.
SiteGround’s cheapest plan goes for $4.95, which is 33% of their normal pricing tiers. This makes it very affordable for your business or brand. Further, you will be able to access a range of features including:
- Free Website builder
- cPanel & SSH Access
- Unlimited email accounts and DBs
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- 24/7 technical support availability
- 30 – day moneyback guarantee
- Free CMS install
- Free daily auto backups
- Provides SSD storage
- Offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates
- HTTP/2 enabled servers
Most of these features are already enough to convince me to subscribe to SiteGround’s web hosting services especially since they are available on all of their hosting plans. If you want to find the best pricing tiers for your preferred hosting, visit their official website to See Plans.
The list below delineates the advantages of using SiteGround as your preferred web hosting service in Canada:
SiteGround Pros and Cons
|Easy to use interfaceFast speedsGreat customer support serviceExcellent uptime recordsFree daily backupsFree SSL certificates||Expensive pricing tiersMight be a bit technical for novice users|
#6. InMotion Hosting
InMotion is a celebrated web hosting service that provides valiant web hosting services to Canadian citizens and residents. It provides high quality tech and services to all the clients with its extremely responsive and knowledgeable net. Someof InMotion hosting features include:
- You will get a free domain with InMotion hosting
- Furthermore, InMotion lets you hold up to 2 websites within one hosting account
- It provides unlimited disk space
- You will also get unlimited bandwidth with InMotion hosting
- InMotion provides a free SSL certificate that will enable you to uphold high security levels for your websites
- InMotion provides a 1-click installer that enables you to launch up to 400 apps on your website. This makes it easy to create multiple website to suit users of different niches within your target audience
- InMotion is one of the only web hosting companies that provides max speed zones such that you may be able to access extremely high speed services through their advanced routing technology.
- Has multiple customer support options inclusive of: online live chats, support tickets, telephone calls, email messaging as well as online community forums
InMotion Pros and Cons
|It has a 90 day moneyback guaranteeIt provides free SSD storage with all its hosting plansIt also offers free SSL certificates for improved site securityYou will also get unlimited emails with InMotion hostingIt has a strong reliability as well as high performance recordsIt has a reliable customer support||There is no month to month billing and you can only subscribe for annual or biannual plansIt is expensive as compared to other web hosting companies in CanadaYou will only get a maximum of 2 domains with each accountInMotion hosting requires phone verification to prevent fraudelent practices but also creates a problem for clients who arenot within the United States|
Why choose InMotion hosting over other web hosting companies in Canada?
With InMotion, you can be able to establish a strong website that is easy to grow and accomodate higher website traffic. Visit the inMotion website to Get Access to inMotion Pricing.
BlueHost is a celebrated web hosting company that will give you all the relative tools that you need to get your online business or brand started. BlueHost has very many amazing features for you. They include:
- An uptime record of more than 99.74%
- An average load time of 1.765Ms
- A free domain name for the first registration of your hosting within the first year
- BlueHost has a one – click WordPress installation which lets you easily integrate the WordPress platform to your account.
- BlueHost also has a 30 – day moneyback guarantee that mitigates the risk of investing in the wrong subscription packages
- With BlueHost you will be able to access a 24/7 customer support service
BlueHost Pros and Cons
- Reliable customer support service
- Very affordable hosting plans, and especially for startup companies and/or brands
- BlueHost has a very tight security system
- BlueHost is an expensive platform when compared to its competitors in the industry
Why choose BlueHost as your preffered web hosting platform?
BlueHost has a very easy to use User Interface. This ensures that all the hosting features and functions are plain, simple and easy to use. Bluehost has varied pricing for their hosting plans and you need to get to the BlueHost website to Pick Your Plan.
On our list of top web hosting companies to use in Canada, we cannot forget to mention HostGator. It is one of the top rated web hosting platforms with the following features available for use by all its users:
- It has an uptime record of 99.5%
- It is very fast. In fact, it has an average load time of 657Ms
- It lets you get a free SSL certificate that improves your site security
- HostGator offers a free domain in the basic plans such that you do not have to incur extra costs for your business/brand venture
- You will also get free SEO tools with various subscription plans which inmproves the quality of your online presence for you to connect to your respective clients
- Furthermore, it accommodates up to 6 cores in the CPU which improves the speed in which you are operating your site during hosting
To access detailed HostGator Pricing for your hosting, visit their website and get to know which hosting plan works best for you.
HostGator Pros and Cons
|It has a great uptime record at very low costs, when compared to other web hosting providersIt has a readily available team of experts ready to help you with any hosting problems that you may come acrossIt has a very useful website builder that enables you to get started with your business and/or brand with ease||HostGator is expensive when compared to other top – rated web hosting platforms such as BlueHost, SiteGround, or the local WHCWhy prefer HostGator over other web hosting platforms?HostGator provides a safe platform where you will have access to unlimited emails, site transfers, free site builders as well asdaily backup services that will safeguard your site data.|
CloudWays is a great web hosting platform for you and especially if you are operating from Canada. This is because CloudWays has a specialized service in Canada that is abel to protect your business and/or brand.
First off, CloudWays makes it easy for you to be able to set up your hosting and actually go live in just a couple of minutes by taking away the typical complexities in setting up your website under other web hosting platforms.
CloudWays also helps you manage your business efficiently and effectively through creating links with third party affiliates that expound the scope of your business. You will be able to manage apps and work collaboratively with them to deliver high quality results. To get access to the best hosting plans for your website, visit CloudWays official website to access Cloudways Pricing & Plans and make an informed decision on your hosting.
Even better, CloudWays enables you to deliver high quality services by enabling fast performance of your website, a tight site security plan as well as seamless scalability of your sites. Below are some of CloudWays advantages in a nutshell:
- Fast site performance
- Reliable uptime records
- Improved site security
- Regular and managed data backup services
- Server transfers
- Regulated performance monitoring
- 24/7 customer support
- Expensive pricing tiers
- Lengthy learning curve for novice users
In a nutshell, DreamHost is a great web hosting provider for you because they have very reliable hosting services. In addition, you will also be able to get free SSL certificates which improve your site security. Furthermore, DreamHost has close to 100% uptime records with a 97 – day moneyback guarantee if you are dissatisfied with the quality of their services. You can choose to extend your hosting by choosing a paid subscription service. You can even access Website Builder Expert to get a relative feel of DreamHost Pricing packages. Even though DreamHost does not have any data centers in the US, it is still pretty fast especially when using the Cloudflare free CDN functionality.
DreamHost Pros and Cons
- DreamHost has a great range of advantages that make it ideal for your hosting services within Canada:
- For starters if has extremely cheap (If not the cheapest) startup pricing plans, going for only $2.59 per month
- It has an excellent uptime record
- Priotitizes security and site privacy
- It has great customer support options which are available 24/7
- Provides unlimited traffic to its users
- DreamHost does not have telephone support
- Its custom Control Panel can be difficult to use
Types of web hosting in Canada
There are a number of web hosting services that are available in Canada depending on the respective uses of different users within the country. Here are the most common types of web hosting services available in Canada:
- Shared hosting services
- Cloud hosting services
- Dedicated server hosting
- Green hosting services
- Reseller web hosting services
- VPS hosting services
- Enterprise hosting services
You can get one or a combination of multiple hosting services with different web hosting companies rendering their services within the country.
My name is Nate, a digital nomad and the founder of this blog, Nomads HQ. I am a SaaS expert with 4 digital nomad visas and 8 years of experience using 50+ different web tools ranging from podcast, web hosting, email marketing, and much more. I previously managed a team offering support services to a large conglomerate that utilized tens of software solutions. I now run this blog full-time and when I am not reviewing or testing software, I enjoy riding bikes and supporting my clients achieve internet success. You can reach me directly at email@example.com