It sucks to manage your hosting server with an unfamiliar graphical interface, especially if you are not acquainted with the SSH command lines. cPanels are very simple to understand and use, making them the popular option for an easier setup[ of the technical aspects of hosting, including; creating sub-domains and name servers, managing files, and databases. In this post, I have reviewed the best cPanel hosting providers in 2022.
8 Best cPanel Hosting Providers Reviews:
Bluehost – Best overall hosting provider, free cPanel hosting and domain
Designed for both computer science pros and webmaster newbies, Bluehost’s cPanel hosting dashboard is both aesthetically pleasing and intuitively designed to allow a gentle learning curve of their layout. Bluehost’s cPanel area is also pretty straightforward to set up and figure out.
While Bluehost features plenty of links and categories on their cPanel that may be quite stressful for a novice webmaster to figure out, the learning curve is not that steep. You can easily access the cPanel from the Bluehost dashboard after signing in. If you are sharing an account with other users, you may want to restrict their access and privileges. Therefore, multiple users with different privileges can have access to one account, which is particularly useful to small businesses that plan on scaling their online businesses up eventually.
Bluehost also allows those looking for VPS plans or dedicated servers to have root access from their cPanel. Without the need to install any more apps, you can easily command any of the changes you need done on your website. This is a great feature for those looking for autonomy in administration without reliance on other users’ schedules.
It can be difficult, particularly for newbie webmasters, to figure out the cPanel lay out and configuration. That is why Bluehost goes out of its way to provide 24/7 customer support to all its cPanel customers via email, live chat, and text. Through these contacts, you can easily get your cPanel issues, improvements on your website, and the growth of your online presence sorted out.
Bluehost offers the pricing sampled below:
- Shared Hosting: Starting at $2.95/month
- VPS hosting: Starting at $18.99/ month
- Dedicated hosting : Starts at $79.99/ month
All the plans above offer SSL certificates, security for your online resources, a domain manager, and a Google My Business verification.
- Excellent uptimes
- Recommended for WordPress hosting
- Pretty easy to use
- Additional features may be unnecessarily expensive at times
- Prices are significantly higher after the first subscription period (depends on the option you subscribe to)
HostGator – Best for reliability
Ranking second on our list is Hostgator cPanel hosting. Founded in 2002, Hostgator has had ample time to work on their cPanel features and tools as internet use exploded.
You will also be able to easily figure out the site stats as they are listed intuitively and with logic. HostGator’s cPanel offers you all the tools necessary to design your site from scratch. It features:
- A free website builder
- Free website transfer
- Free domain transfer
- Google Ads credits
- Free SSL
- Bing Ads credits
HostGator offers an amazing 45-day money-back guarantee and a 99.99% uptime guarantee. You can also use HostGator cPanel to install any of your favorite content management systems including;Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and Magento.
Through HostGator’s cPanel, every aspect of managing your website quickly becomes highly customizable, especially with their drag and drop website builder. With this option, you could easily create a website and invest time in it to truly resonate with your personality.
HostGator provides an impressive 24/7 365 days customer support for all its clients. You ca get in contact with their customer support team through live chat, phone call, or email tickets. While they are not as helpful or fast as Bluhost’s support team, their technicians will quickly fix any of your cPannel problems when they pop up.
HostGator provides the pricing plans sampled below:
- Shared hosting:Starts at $2.75/ month
- VPS hosting: Starts at $29.99/ month
- WordPress hosting: Starts at 5.95/ month
- Dedicated Servers: Starts at $118.99/ month
Each of the pricing tiers above offers you top-notch security features and marketing tools. For webmaster newbies looking to grow their websites through affiliate links and marketing efforts, this is the perfect opportunity to get your websites ranked high. Whether you are looking to host a simple blogging site or a complex eCommerce site, there is always a Hostgator plan that fits your business needs.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Their features list is more extensive than most competitors on this review.
- Large variety of pricing tiers to suit a variety of clients
- Fast customer services
- More expensive than most of her competitors
- The cPanel design on HostGator looks a bit outdated and might need some freshening up.
InMotion – Best for shared and VPS Hosting
Founded in 2001, InMotion currently has its offices in Virginia Beach and Los Angeles. InMotion features one of the most generously featured cPanel, offering excellent VPS and shared hosting.
InMotion’s cPanel is also easy on the eye, featuring a modern and up-to-date cPanel that out-fashions nearly all other cPanel hosting providers on this list. After logging into the InMotion cPanel you will first be greeted with your most frequent activities such as account management, contact information, password and security, support center, and more.
All in all, InMotion has designed its cPanel to be easy on the eye and user-friendly. To learn how to navigate their layout, you won’t need a steep learning curve.
In terms of features, InMotion features on of the most packed cPanels with support for one-click installations for more than 400 applications that are easily manageable through the InMotion cPanel. You also get:
- 10+ GB of storage space
- From 1-100 websites
- SSD storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- MySQL & PostgreSQL databases
- Email accounts
- Email storage space per inbox
- Domain registration and transfer
- BoldGrid website builder
- Daily backups
- No-downtime website transfers
- Malware protection
- Over 400 free applications
- Free SSL
- Sub domains
InMotion features approximately 5,000 articles to guide their users and enable them to quickly resolve issues. They also have a 24/7 support service via phone, ticket support, and live chat to help resolve more complex issues in minutes.
InMotion offers the pricing tiers sampled below:
- Shared business hosting:Starts at $6.39/ month
- WordPress hosting: Starts at $6.99/ month
- VPS hosting: Starts at $21.04/ month
- Dedicated server hosting: Starts at $105.69/ month
- Plenty of storage and bandwidth
- Pretty reliable uptime
- Sleek and easy to use cPanel
- Great customer service
- There are no free website backups
- It is a bit slower than other featured cPanel hosting providers
A2 Hosting – Best for Cloud Hosting
Founded in 2001 in Ann Arbor, A2 Hosting is best used by those looking for a stress-free management of their websites. With A2 Hosting, you needn’t worry about a missed or corrupted backup ruining your site. A2 Hosting is currently among the best cloud hosting providers for website builders across the globe.
In terms of features, A2 Hosting offers the features below:
- Email usage management
- SSH keys configuration
- File management
- SSL certificates installation from a third party.
- Database management
- Domain management
- Node.js app creation
Through Softaculous, the A2 Hosting cPanel hosting makes application installation straightforward. Your software is also automatically updated, which you can also configure through the cPanel. For those webmaster newbies hoping to waste no time in creating and managing their websites, A2 Hosting is the perfect solution.
A2 Hosting features one of the most reliable customer support teams with 1 on 1 assistance on their live chat platform. No matter what time-zone you are on, you can communicate with their customer support to resolve different problems. You can also contact A2 Hosting’s customer support through global phone lines, live chat or online tickets. If you insist on solving the problem yourself, the A2 Hosting knowledge base can provide you with an existing solution to your problem. If not, A2 Hosting’s Guru Crew will be right there to guide you through it.
Below are A2 Hosting’s pricing tiers
- Shared hosting: Starts at $2.96/ month
- VPS hosting: Starts at $5.00/ month
- Reseller hosting: Starts at $9.8/ month
- Dedicated Hosting: Starts at $99.59/ month
- Fast responsive customer support
- It is more affordable than other options on this list
- Has plenty of useful cPanel features
- Secure safe cPanel Hosting
- Sign up process is a bit hectic
- Features a lower uptime than other competitors
SiteGround – Best for reliable stress-free hosting
For a steady and reliable cPanel hosting experience, SiteGround is your best option. All SiteGround plans offer a cPanel to ease account management for you. You can easily manage all your domains, access support, and track your billing using SiteGround’s control panel. You will have plenty of hosting options with SiteGround, which sits comfortably among our best cPanel hosting platforms today.
SiteGround features six different hosting options. Out of the six, WordPress hosting is strongest. While it is not in the top spot for WordPress Hosting, it is recommended by WordPress for its several tailored options. For $6.99/ month, you can access WordPress features on SiteGround with plenty of tailored features.
Each of SiteGround’s hosting plans includes free SSL, a free domain, SSD Hosting, and 400+ 1-click installation programs which can be installed through WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento.
In terms of features, SiteGround is one of the most hooked up cPanel hosting providers. It offers the features below and more:
- Affordable web hosting with cPanel
- Allow two domains even on the starter package
- Free domain registration
- Max speed zone data centers
- Free SSL certificates with SSH access
- Round-the-clock multiple customer support channels
If you encounter any errors with SiteGround, you can get in contact with their customer support team at any time of the day or night through their toll-free phone line or live chat. In addition, they feature an extensive library of tutorials and documentation to guide all their customers through issues they could resolve for themselves. To top it all off, they have a powerful anti malware security software that takes keen interest in securing customer and admin data.
Below is a sample of the pricing plans available at SiteGround:
- Shared Hosting:
- StartUp plan starts at $6.99/mo and $11.49 per month for renewal
- GrowBig is $9.99/mo and $24.99 per month for renewal
- GoGeek is $14.99/mo and $39.99 per month for renewal
- WordPress Hosting: Starts at $6.99 per month
- VPS Hosting: Starts at $21.04 per month
- Dedicated Servers: Starts at $105.69 per month
- Plenty of features and tools in their cPanel
- Reliable uptime
- Easy to use cPanel
- Plenty of cPanel features
- No free backups
GoDaddy Hosting – Best for perks
Founded in 1997 in Baltimore, GoDaddy is easily the largest web hosting provider in the world, but how does the web hosting giant perform in cPanel hosting?
If you’re looking to subscribe to the most user-friendly cPanel hosting provider, then GoDaddy is the way to go. While their registration process is a little too cluttered with add-on offers and other promotions at checkout, they do offer pretty valuable perks.
If you have managed to go through the entire registration process, despite the constant disruption by ads, setting up your site is a breeze. GoDaddy features some of the most handy auto-installation features for integration with content management systems such as Joomla, WordPress or Drupal to your domain name. With GoDaddy’s cPanel, you can easily manage any of the features to your satisfaction.
In terms of features, the web hosting giant gives you access to high-quality security features, high-speed website operations, unlimited bandwidth, and lots of storage for your new site. You also get:
- Centralized management of your entire website, email marketing, social media campaigns, or ecommerce store.
- Templates for experienced designers: It is great to be able to customize your site but sometimes it is best to let the experts handle it. With dozens of beautiful templates to choose from on GoDaddy, you can use the cPanel to make your website stand out from all your competitors.
- Plenty of customizable themes
- Access from a range of devices: It can be helpful when you have no access from your computer or have noticed something wrong on any of your preferred devices. You can update the platform from a tablet, smartphone, or computer. It is especially great for people who are constantly on the move.
GoDaddy is simply exquisite when it comes to customer support. Their customer service representatives are able to speak in more than 40 dialects and serve people from approximately 50 countries. This is definitely among the best cPanel customer service in the industry. Thanks to this, you can access quick and reliable support for free to fix any of the issues you encounter with your website.
GoDaddy offers the pricing plans sampled below:
- Web Hosting: Starts at $5.99 per month
- WordPress Hosting: Starts at $6.99 per month
- Reseller hosting: Starts at 19.99 per month
- VPS hosting: Starts at $4.99 per month
- Dedicated servers: Starts at 94.99 per month
- Quality user interface
- High-quality runtimes
- Large storage and bandwidth offering
- User-friendly cPanel area
- There are no automated backups
- No migration tools and SSL
- A tad more expensive than most cPanel hosting options on this review
HostPapa – Best for novice webmasters
HostPaPa is a Canadian-based hosting provider that was established in 2006. HostPaPa is popular for its affordable pricing and valuable perks it offers.
HostPaPa’s customer service is also exemplary, though it does not support live chat, which is a feature most people would prefer to phone support. However, they do make up for this with one-on-one training for all their shared hosting plans. Novice users with little or no technical experience are taught the ropes until they can do almost everything on their own. It is why HostPaPa is among the most recommended cPanel hosting providers for newbie webmasters. To top it all off, HostPapa guarantees a 99.9% uptime though they average at 99.954%.
- Starter: $3.95 per month
- Business: $3.95 per month
- Business Pro: $12.95 per month
HostPaPa offers its new clients a 30-day money-back guarantee. It is a solid all-round cPanel hosting option that offers great value for the pricing.
- Solid uptime and performance
- One-on-One Training
- Very user-friendly with an easy-to-navigate interface
- CloudFlare CDN
- No live chat support
iPage – Best for Cheap VPS Hosting
With an introductory tier that is priced as low as $1.99 per month, it is hard to skip iPage when talking of the best cheap web hosting services on the market. While the amount is seemingly low, iPage surprisingly offers impressive features on the plan like unlimited disk space and scalable bandwidth. When it comes to cPanel hosting, iPage has one catch: you must sign up for their dedicated servers or VPS hosting plans to access it.
VPS hosting plans on iPage are priced at $19.99 per month, which is way cheaper than most cPanel hosting platforms on this review. If you are subscribed to the shared plans on iPage, you will not have access to their cPanel. Instead, they offer a vDeck control panel, which is their less feature-full alternative of the cPanel. However, vDeck works just fine although it does lack in features and interface when compared to cPanel. It is also a bit more challenging to learn how to use the vDeck efficiently.
- Shared Hosting: Starts at $1.99 per month
- WordPress Hosting: iPage features two WP hosting plans; the WP Starter and the WP essential priced at $3.75 and $6.95 respectively.
- VPS Hosting: iPage features three pricing tiers for its VPS hosting option;
- Basic: $19.99/month and $24.99/month in renewal
- Business: $47.99/month and $59.49/month in renewal
- Optimal: $79.99/month and $99.99/month in renewal
- Dedicated Unmanaged Hosting:
- Startup: $119.99/month and $149.99/month in renewal
- Professional: $151.99/month and $194.99/month in renewal
- Enterprise: $191.99/month and $239.99/month in renewal
- Solid 99.96% uptime and decent performance
- Plenty of third party software to integrate your website with
- Friendly customer service
- Lots of add-on fees for extra services
- vDeck instead of cPanel on the lower tiers
- No free site migration
cPanel Hosting Comparison
|Name||cPanel Hosting? (Y/N)||Domain||Price (lowest tier)||Link|
What is cPanel Hosting?
cPanel is a widely-used industry standard Linux-based control panel for managing web hosting providers. cPanel owes its popularity to easy management of sites through a user-friendly platform with which you can configure sub-domains, DNS records, email accounts, file management, server statistics and integrate third parties such as CloudFlare as well as enable SSL, among other tools.
Almost every firm using hosting services is currently using a cPanel to help users access the information they want on their sites. Though there is a horde of control panel software in the market, cPanel is the most preferred. That is because it can be accessed right from the browser without having to install it on your local computer.
However, there are hosting providers like Bluehost, who have improved their traditional cPanel to feature easier navigation and enhance efficiency.
What to look for in cPanel Hosting
Now that you are pretty in the know about what exactly cPanels are designed to do, let us take a look at the features we should watch out for when evaluating the best cPanel hosting provider. It is essential to first evaluate the short-term and long-term goals of your organization to tell exactly which features would suit your situation best. Otherwise, scaling through the horde of cPanel hosting providers currently available can be quite an arduous task.
We assume that by now you can correctly assess the needs of your website and can tell the budget and features you need in a cPanel host to successfully expand your business. Cost is an essential factor to consider in a cPanel hosting provider. If you’re on a strict budget, you should consider the shared cPanel hosting plans and packages as they are by far the cheapest cPanel hosting options on the market. A shared cPanel hosting plan is shared among multiple users to be able to offer the low hosting prices. When beginning your journey towards establishing successful website, a small budget might be your only restriction to getting the most efficient cPanel hosting provider. With shared cPanel hosting, you not only get a cheap option but could also get satisfactory value for your business. If your website outgrows the shared cPanel hosting plan, you will have to subscribe to a more advanced hosting plan.
Another key factor to consider when selecting the right cPanel hosting provider is their ability to automate most of the tasks connected to the server admin. You will need to check that the cPanel hosting provider features all the necessary options and features that allow you to set up automatic upgrades quickly and easily. For most webmaster newbies, tasks like PHP programming and MySQL database systems need to be automated or made pretty straightforward.
The web host manager is another key feature to consider when selecting the best cPanel hosting provider. You need to make sure that the cPanel hosting provider you select has this essential application built into their packages since it allows you full control over the creation of web hosting accounts and their management on your web server. The application will also allow you to allocate particular features to select customers.
Finally, it is essential to consider ease of access and user-friendliness of the cPanel hosting provider to your customers and to yourself. While it is important for a cPanel to feature extensive and powerful tools, user-friendliness is even more critical.
My name is Nate, a digital nomad and the founder of this blog, Nomads HQ. I am a SaaS expert with 4 digital nomad visas and 8 years of experience using 50+ different web tools ranging from podcast, web hosting, email marketing, and much more. I previously managed a team offering support services to a large conglomerate that utilized tens of software solutions. I now run this blog full-time and when I am not reviewing or testing software, I enjoy riding bikes and supporting my clients achieve internet success. You can reach me directly at email@example.com